Re: [suse-security] DHCP and IP Numbers ?
Hi,

>some time, my parallel process is interrupted, with no error message at
all. I `d like to know if DHCP reassigns new IPs >after a certain amount of
time and if this could interrupt my parallel processes (I tried both MPICH
and rsh).

Yes, it could, but it should not.
Set default lease time and max lease time accordingly (in seconds). If the
client dhcp works correctly, it should ask the dhcp server for the same IP
again, when the lease time is over, the dhcpd checks its database and
re-assigns the same IP to the client. If the clients get different addresses
each time it might interrupt processing.
Use "man dhcp-options" for info about the parameters.

Ciao,
Dieter