9.0 and nmap
  • From: Sven 'Darkman' Michels <sven@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:01:22 +0100
Hi there,

afaig (as far as i googled ;) others had reported the problem
with 9.0 and nmap already, but noone has a solution right now.
On 9.0 no nmap i know does work. I tried multiple boxes with
9.0 with no success. A fresh builded nmap doesn't work, too.
The same nmap sourcecode on other distro's and SuSE's works.
Ok, nmap doesn't work isn't correctly, it 'works':
Doing a nmap localhost as $user isn't a problem, scan completed
in < 1 sec. su - and nmap again -> fails:
Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping probes, try -P0
Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 36.408 seconds

ok, all will now say: 'do what nmap said..' but that isn't a solution.
nmap will run then, but doesn't give any output (it's running a few
minutes now). A firewall isn't installed and manual ping localhost as
root works.

So anyone can say something about it? A solution would be nice cause
many ppl on this list may use nmap ;)

Regards,
Sven