Re: [suse-security] 9.0 and nmap
  • From: Sven 'Darkman' Michels <sven@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:31:05 +0100
Markus Gaugusch wrote:

I can confirm that, my SuSE 9.0 shows the same symptoms (scanning
localhost or another host in the LAN).
Probably something within the kernel is broken :-(

Looks like, i heard something about that newer kernels (2.6.x,
maybe 2.5) had a bug which stops nmap from working, maybe its
in some of the backports used in suse's kernel? anyone running
it's own (vanilla-)kernel and can confirm that nmap is still
working on 9.0 with a recent kernel? would be easier for tracking ;)

Regards,
Sven

< Previous Next >