Re: [suse-security] Intrusion
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:04:54 +0100
* Antun Balaz; <antun@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on 24 Nov, 2003 wrote:

Unfortunately,
I have 100+ users, my server is mail and web server, so it is impossible
to just disconnect it and install from scratch. Besides, all security
pathes were allready applied, so this will not help me, or I am mistaken?

Do you routinely install security patches or did you recently applied
the patches

Any other suggestions?

1) Backup your data ( unless you were not doing that before) 2) carefully check your data
3) check the machine with rootkit

pls. send replies to the mailinglist do not put me in TO or CC or BCC
--

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer