Re: [suse-security] Intrusion
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:39:33 +0100
* Antun Balaz; <antun@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on 24 Nov, 2003 wrote:

Dear Togan,
I install security paches routinely every week. Can you give me more
details how to check if my server is afftected in any way (I deleted
content of /tmp directory and applied all measures suggested by Bjorn -
thanks a lot), i.e. if some files are replaced etc.

If you have deleted the /tmp that it is difficult to do analysis but not
imposible. Have you tried to check your system with chkrootkit ?

Doing update every week for me is a long time YMMV. Either use YOU or
fou4suse and let them do the updating patches for you everyday. When
there is a Security anouncement from SuSE immediately apply the patch.

If I were you to sleep a little bir comfortable I would have reinstalled
the whole machine.
HTH
--

Togan Muftuoglu