RE: [suse-security] Firewall script
Luc MAIGNAN <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote the Nov 26, 2003 11:27 PM:
> I need to configure a IPTABLES-based Linux router. Has anyone a sample
> script to do this to win some time ???

I still find that the config file for SuSEfirewall2 is the most simple way to manage an iptables/netfilter firewall.
Works like a bomb, thanks to the SuSE team for putting loads of examples and configuration hints into the config.
Flat file means you can ALWAYS remotely admin your firewall very simply.

I have also only come across ONE single instance of not being able to do what I need to in the firewall script, and that is passing non-tcp/udp traffic through to an internal machine, i.e. vpn using gre to ms box.

< Previous Next >