Re: [suse-security] suse 8.1 : ptrace exploit still working fine!?
  • From: "Olivier M." <qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:22:31 +0100
On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 04:51:54AM -0500, GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> However,Oliver,if you really think your box has been cracked because
> of a ptrace exploit, in addition to posting to this list,
> send a copy to:
>
> security@xxxxxxx

Ok, I will later today.

> (In fact I think they would have preferred you wrote
> to them first, but that's your call.)

I think just "writing" here is fine: it would be different
If I had attached the exploit binary to my message...

Before writing to suse, I'd like to make some more checks,
and find another test server with suse 8.1: but all the other
servers runs 8.2 or newer :/

regards,
Olivier
Olivier Mueller - om@xxxxxxx - PGPkeyID: 0E84D2EA - Switzerland