Re: [suse-security] SSH Users
  • From: Armin Schoech <armin.schoech@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 08:25:59 +0000 (GMT)
Hi !

> I have a list of users on my machine and wish to only allow one
> non-priveledged user ssh access to the machine. This user will also
> be allowed to run the 'su' command to gain root access.
>
> How do I prevent the remaining users from being able to ssh onto
> this box?

--> man "sshd_config". Look for the "AllowUsers" option. Another way
would be to allow login only with Keypairs (disable
PasswordAuthentication) and enter only the public keys of the users
allowed to login into their respective "~/.ssh/authorized_keys".

HTH,
Armin

--
Am Hasenberg 26 office: Institut für Atmosphärenphysik
D-18209 Bad Doberan Schloss-Straße 6