bootp and fw2 Problem
  • From: MichaelHoeller@xxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Hoeller)
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 22:54:33 +0200

Hello,

first I have to commit that I am very new in security issues, thought I
read quit a bit I am more confused than before... I hope that you can
point me to the right direction and provide some hints :-))

Here is what I have:

A local server and 10 X Terminals they get the kernel via bootp and tftp
and mount some directories via nfs. The little net has only one link to
the bad world: via dialup (isdn) mail is brought in as pop3 and the www
is used.

Also a dialin / callback connection is possible, there I need ssh and
ftp.

Unfortunately I was not able to set up the fw2 so that all works, right
now I have dropped all - so there is no fw. (This is a test system with
no productive data but this should change soon).

So can someone help me to setup the fw and provide some tips so that I
can help myself in the future ???

Thanks a lot
Michael

- --
Encrypted eMail welcome!
Get my OpenPGP-Key ID: 0xE9B00731 from: wwwkeys.de.pgp.net

  • No further messages