Re: [suse-security] uptime of a server
  • From: YANDEX <student55@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:29:55 +0200
Hello All,

Monday, September 8, 2003, 12:48:55 PM, Phillipp wrote:

m> Hi

m> my primary dns server was up for 500 days. Now I see in top that it's been up for only 3 days. No trace of reboot neither in messages nor in last log. Does top start over at 0 if a certain amount
m> of up-days have been reached? Or how do I have to interprete that?

m> thanks a lot
m> Philipp

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/accuracy.html#cycle
Additionally HP-UX, Linux, Solaris and recent releases of FreeBSD
cycle back to zero after 497 days, exactly as if the machine had been
rebooted at that precise point. Thus it is not possible to see a
HP-UX, Linux or Solaris system with an uptime measurement above 497
days.

--
Best regards,
YANDEX mailto:student55@xxxxxxxxx