Re: [suse-security] Unwanted routing between subnets
  • From: Arjen de Korte <suse-security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:20:06 +0200
On Monday 08 September 2003 18:41, Holger Schletz wrote:

> The setup works; both subnets have internet access. However, subnet A is
> still accessible from subnet B and vice versa. This is not what I want;
> instead I want the two subnets to be invisible to each other.

Since both networks are on the same physical network and therefor traffic
doesn't need to pass your router to cross from one to the other, this may be
impossible. Depending on what you're trying to achieve, encrypting all
traffic (ie, a VPN) between clients and your router may solve your problem.
People determined to connect from one network to the other directly will not
be stopped, but it will prevent them from eavesdropping on connections
between clients and your router.

Best regards,
Arjen