RE: [suse-security] lsh
  • From: GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 02:36:01 -0400
Adam Daniel <adamd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Has anyone tried getting lsh working on a SuSE machine?
>
>http://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/lsh/
>
>adam
---<sig line deleted>---

Adam,

As you know, lsh-1.4.2-29 is part of the 8.1 distro, and
lsh-1.5-53 is part of 8.2.
I just did a quick check and haven't seen any security
updates for lsh -- I wouldn't be surpirized in lsh-devel
should also be installed with lsh because, but maybe not. YMMV.
I see you got two other replies already.

Earlier this afternoon, I copied the 8.1 version onto my hard drive,
and checked dependencies using k-package.
K-package indicated no problems on my system,.
However, because of the developer's release note:

"If you want high security and stability,
better use openssh for now!"

I just patched my "openssh" with the latest SuSE patch..
It may be that later copies of lsh have higher security
and stability, I didn't check into that.
You probably have. HTH
Friendly Greetings,
Gar

--