Re: [suse-security] SuSE Security Announcement: openssh (SuSE-SA:2003:038)
  • From: Stan Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:43:17 -0500
On Wed September 17 2003 5:42 pm, Bob Pearson wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 September 2003 6:02 pm, Stan Glasoe wrote:
> > On Wed September 17 2003 1:37 pm, Sigfred H�ersen wrote:
> > > For some reason, the OpenSSH update does not appear in yast as a
> > > update, but still is installed. This type of behaviour appears to
> > > happen pretty regularly in yast.
> > >
> > > /Sigfred
> >
> > When you are in YOU installing patches make sure the "Include
> > Installed Patches" box is checked and then you'll see those 'hidden'
> > updates. Baffled me with the most recent kernel updates that weren't
> > visible but magically downloaded and installed.
>
> This doesn't appear in my YOU. What is your YOU package? I am running
> KDE 3.1.3. My YOU is yast2-online-update-2.7.10-46
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bob Pearson
> --
> I am unique and special, just like everyone else.

Same, same. Are you going to YaST2, Software, Online Update and then under
the Filter: You Patches pane there is the little check box "Include
Installed Patches". Toggling/checking this on/off expands/contracts the
list. Default behavior is to list the patches you have NOT installed
(empty box beside the patch listing) because you haven't installed the
base package.

Stan