Problem with seccheck daily
  • From: "Philippe Vogel" <filiaap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:58:03 +0200
Hello!

I got the following for many times on a 7.3 - 8.1 and now again on 8.2:

Mail from cron:

Subject: Cron <root@myserver> test -x /usr/lib/secchk/security-control.sh
&& /usr/lib/secchk/security-control.sh daily &

grep: PROMISC: invalid context length argument

Server is a firewall with 2 nics.
There is a bug in the daily securitycheck script.
I patched it by disabling promisc check, unless I set /dev/int in promisc
mode for accounting mit nacctd.
Unless I use several different other scripts (logwatching scripts, intrusion
detection, rootkit checks, portscan checks) this one has become useless for
me.
Would be a nice thing to fix that bug, because it nerves me and others and
this bug persists since several versions of SuSE!

Philippe

  • No further messages