Re: SuSE Security Announcement: sendmail, sendmail-tls (SuSE-SA:2003:040)
  • From: PW <subscribed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:21:25 +0200
Can I assume a nice'n & pleasant update experience if I choose to utilize the Sendmail RPM Package intended for SuSE Linux 7.2, but in effect will patch the Sendmail of a no longer supported SuSE Linux 7.1 system still residing on our corporate server?

Thanks! - Philippe Wiede

Roman Drahtmueller wrote:

SuSE Security Announcement

Package: sendmail, sendmail-tls
Announcement-ID: SuSE-SA:2003:040
Date: Saturday, Sep 20th 2003 18:00 MEST
Affected products: 7.2, 7.3, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2
SuSE Linux Database Server,
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 7, 8
SuSE Linux Firewall on CD/Admin host
SuSE Linux Connectivity Server
SuSE Linux Office Server
Vulnerability Type: local/remote privilege escalation
Severity (1-10): 7
SuSE default package: yes (until SuSE Linux 8.0 and SLES7)
Cross References: CAN-2003-0694
CERT http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/784980
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/337839
http://www.sendmail.org/8.12.10.html

Content of this advisory:
1) security vulnerability resolved: sendmail, sendmail-tls
problem description, discussion, solution and upgrade information
2) pending vulnerabilities, solutions, workarounds:
- mysql
3) standard appendix (further information)