Re: [suse-security] Traffic Analisys
  • From: Stoilis Giannis <giannis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:23:32 +0300
Joγo Reis wrote:
I would like to analise traffic in a mobile ip network and the information i would like to gather is
handover times, losses, delays and bandwith.

I also would like to display the results in a graph.

Does anyone knows a good program to do this type of work?

Regarding bandwidth, use mrtg. Simply the best, but you should use it against something SNMP enabled, usually. Check out the page, there are some configurations that can help you.

For all the other thinhs, use smokeping. Get it here:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/smokeping/

"With SmokePing you can measure latency, latency distribution and packet loss in your network"

Regards
- Giannis Stoilis