Re: [suse-security] Why no SuSE RPMs for KDE 3.1.4 security update?
  • From: "Paul C. Leopardi" <leopardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:08:53 +1000
Hi all,
Re: http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2003/Sep/1007721.html
There is still no security advisory from SuSE, and no KDE 3.1.4 RPMs.

Does SuSE expect me to compile KDE from source?

Normally SuSE is very quick with advisories and security updates. This time,
it is making think seriously about switching to Red Hat, or at least not
buying SuSE 9.0. If SuSE is delaying KDe 3.1.4 because of the effort being
put into SuSE 9.0, this tactic is backfiring.

To SuSE: please keep up to date with security advisories. This is the main
reason I have been buying your boxed distributions.
Thanks