Re: [suse-security] Why no SuSE RPMs for KDE 3.1.4 security update?
  • From: r.maurizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:48:45 +0200

> > How many do that using kerberos?
>
> I'm using Kerberos V. OpenSSH and OpenLDAP, for example, are using
> Kerberos V authentication. Also, I'm using pam_krb5. Don't know why
> there are so liitle people using Kerberos V. Single Sign-On is god
> blessing.

Do you also allow remote X logins for generic users using KDM? :-D

On a more serious tone, I'm interested in the uses of Kerberos.
I already have single sign on by using OpenLDAP + pam_ldap, and I still
have to find a situation where an autentication system would be useful AND
worth the management efforts and costs.
But I feel like I could be very wrong on this :-)
If you've the time, could you please write something on the management of
such a system, the problems one could encunter, the kind of users you think
could benefit from this, etc?

Many thanks in advance! :-)

Ciao,
Roberto