Dial timeout on isdn router with ip-tables logging
  • From: BLeonhardt@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:02:40 +0200

Hi,

I'm running a self-made linux-isdn-router at home and wondering that the idle timeout isn't working correctly. I see several inbound connections ( in the fw-log ) which will be dropped after logging. now, usually the idel-timeout will wait for 300 seconds until no traffic was gone through the isdn-interface.

I am logging Portscans, etc. on the isdn-interface - could this be the reason why the idle timeout won't work correctly ? I didn't try to not log incoming syn's on the isdn-interface ( it's very important for me to see - who wants to come in .. ).

What should / could I else do to prevent that the timeout won't be reached ?

yours,
bruno

  • No further messages