Secure Mail Server
  • From: João Reis <joao.reis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:24:23 +0100
Hi to all.

I would like to implement a secure Mail server.

This is an internal mail server and belongs to the network behind the external firewall.

I also would like to have a system which permits external users to connect to the internal mail
server in order to fetch their internal mail or to send their mail througth this server (POP with SSL and SMTP).

The only way i see to have external connection is to add a rule to my firewall teling it to redirect all POP and SMTP
traffic to this internal server.

Is there a more secure way to do this? Is it secure to implement this scheme?

I think this way my internal mail is exposed to the world, but i don't see other solution to do what i pretend....

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance,

P.S : sorry about my english

João Reis