Sendmail / SuSEfirewall2 Woes
  • From: "Sturgis, Grant" <Grant.Sturgis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:41:02 -0600
Greetings all,

We are configuring a sendmail relay server and are having some problems. Sendmail was all setup and working nicely, until I came along to install and configure SuSEfirewall2. Even with the firewall shutdown, sendmail fails to respond to remote connections. Actually, the banner appears, but sendmail won't respond to a helo or any other SMTP commands. When attempted locally, this works fine. Again, this is with the firewall shutdown (SuSEfirewall2 stop). The same symptoms occur with the firewall loaded.

Any ideas on what I should be looking for?

TIA,

Grant

sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by