reestablishing ipsec connection
  • From: Ralf Ronneburger <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:55:47 +0200
Hi everyone,

I have an ipsec-gateway in a NAT-ed network (one network interface with a private IP) and a second ipsec-gateway with a public IP and a private IP (in another network). The ipsec-connection is started from the first box.

Now between the 2 boxes there are 2 firewalls and a lot of other routers - what happens, if the connection is interrupted somewhere inbetween? How can I make sure, that the first box reconnects by itself in case somethings happens?

Thanks a lot,

Ralf

Ralf Ronneburger
ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Prefers to receive encrypted Mail, download public-key from
http://www.ronneburger.de/gpg/ralf_ronneburger.asc

" The trouble with computers is that they do what you tell
them, not what you want. " -- D. Cohen

  • No further messages