Re: [suse-security] Limiting users SU ability
  • From: "Philippe Vogel" <filiaap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:05:54 +0200
> Don't give them the passwords. If these users have to do some root things
> man sudo

Yes, better use sudo, because there you can configure many things more!
Edit the /etc/sudoers and add user to group trusted.
In the config and with the "man <Command>" command you will find useful
help.

We use sudo for the local ftp-admin group for usermanagement and testing the
load of the ftp (pure-ftp).
At our faculty we use it to allow users to restart the licenseserver
service, which often crashes.

Philippe

< Previous Next >