Re: [suse-security] Starnge situation, need help!
  • From: Jan Räther <jan.raether@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:36:22 +0200
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 08:30:14 -0600
chris001@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi all!!
>
> Well I would like to thank you all for your replies regarding root2. I
> will think about what I am going to do about this.
>
> I would like to ask you another thing now. I have a linux-box that
> connects to the internet via modem. The ip that it gets is dynamic, ie
> it changes everytime it logs in.
> Can someone tell me a way to create something like an automated e-mail
> message that the server will send to me whenever it logs on and inform
> me of its local ip assigned from the ISP?
> This is a weird situation because I have to leave the city for a few
> weeks and I would like to be able to ssh to the server whenever it logs
> on the internet.
>
> Can someone please help me with this??

www.dyndns.org

-----
Jan Räther
Universität Hamburg
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie
Service-Gruppe EDV
Falkenried 94
20251 Hamburg
Germany
Tel.: 040 - 428 - 03 - 6619
Fax.: 040 - 428 - 03 - 6621

---
<Myth> I'm getting a connection refused when connecting
to port 25, anyone know where the damn log is?
<aj> Myth: /var/log/damn.log?
* aj wonders what that'd look like
<aj> Dec 18 05:32:30 blae smtpd[123]: DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!