Q: vsftpd "cd ~ftp" not working
  • From: Peer-Joachim Koch <pkoch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:47:14 +0200
Hi,

I want to setup a new ftp server for our institute so
currently I am playing around with vsftpd.

Everything is fine, put I have one problem:
when a normal user is using ftp, he/she will
first be in the HOME of the user. OK, that's fine.
But it is not possible to use "cd ~ftp" for a normal
user to go to the public ftp place.
You can enter the path by hand (absolut path) , but I
do not like absolut pathes (you have always trouble
changing absolut pathes).

Any idea ?

Bye,
Peer
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Biogeochemie
Dr. Peer-Joachim Koch
Winzerlaer Str.10 Telefon: ++49 3641 57 6705
D-07745 Jena Telefax: ++49 3641 57 7864