AW: [suse-security] Q: vsftpd "cd ~ftp" not working
  • From: "Ulrich Roth" <Roth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:00:38 +0200
Hi,

> Everything is fine, put I have one problem:
> when a normal user is using ftp, he/she will
> first be in the HOME of the user. OK, that's fine.
> But it is not possible to use "cd ~ftp" for a normal
> user to go to the public ftp place.
> You can enter the path by hand (absolut path) , but I
> do not like absolut pathes (you have always trouble
> changing absolut pathes).
>
> Any idea ?
Yes, log in as "ftp" or "anonymous". That's the design of
FTP: local users see their home directory when logging in
via ftp, anonymous users see the public tree when logging
in. No need to mix up both.
If you need your local users to access a common directory,
I suggest to create an extra one of which the name is easily
to remember.
Bye
Uli
--
Ulrich Roth
IMPACT Business & Technology Consulting GmbH

  • No further messages