Antwort: RE: [suse-security] KDE-Login for root
  • From: Joachim.Winter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:31:51 +0200

Yes, it works fine, thank you.
The file is located in /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm and contains 2
sections with "AllowRootLogin".

Joachim
Schoene Gruesse zurueck an british energy ;-)

Best regards

|---------+----------------------------------->
| | Stritzel Diana |
| | <diana.stritzel@british-|
| | energy.com> |
| | |
| | 10.07.2003 14:29 |
| | |
|---------+----------------------------------->
| |
| An: "'Joachim.Winter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Joachim.Winter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |
| Kopie: |
| Thema: RE: [suse-security] KDE-Login for root |

You have to configure the file "kdmrc". Set there "AllowRootLogin=true"
otherwise it won't work. Under RH Linux the file is located in
/etc/kde/kdm.
If you want to know this for SuSE I can have a look as well.
Hope this helps,
Diana
PS Schoene Gruesse nach Leipzig ;)