Re: [suse-security] Network structure and security
  • From: Ken Schneider <kschneider@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 11 Jul 2003 07:01:49 -0400
On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 05:09, Ray Leach wrote:
> This is slightly off topic. It would probably be better suited to the
> netfilter mailing list (http://www.netfilter.org/).
>
> Use one PC as router/firewall/proxy/gateway ... we do this for 4
> networks on a single PC with 128MB RAM, a lot cheaper than a Cisco 1610
> or above ...
>
> Ray

This is great if you have a small office on a tight budget. But how do
you place a price on the security of your network and proprietary data?
In the case of security I always buy the "best" product for the job and
find it better to use seperate boxes for the router and firewall to help
make it harder to break into the network.

Ken