Re: [suse-security] Creating rpm of locally compiled kernel
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:16:43 +0200 (CEST)
> Some time ago someone suggested that we create rpms (or dummy rpms) for
> locally compiled kernels so that yast update doesn't overwrite the local
> kernel.
Use "make rpm" instead of "make bzImage modules" to create an RPM of the
kernel. But I think it would be easier for you if you used fou4s and use
the IgnoreList and RemarkList features (to ignore kernel upates or only
notify the user, but don't install them).

Markus
--
Markus Gaugusch \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign