Re: RE: [suse-security] SCP-proxy / SFTP-proxy wanted
>Then I did the following:
>
>On the outside-machine I started an ssh tunnel to our ssh-
>gateway:
>
># ssh -L 1234:<machine>.inside.net:22 <user_on_ssh_-gateway>
>@ssh-gateway
>
>When the tunnel was up, I opened another session and did the
>following:
>
># scp -P 1234 <source-file> <user_on_inside>@localhost:
><destination-file>
>
>Works like a charm, but maybe there is an easier solution?

Just a proposal:

You can take sshfs to mount to remote fs transparently on your
outside box. Onced it is mounted you can handle files with more
ease.

shfsmount [options] [user@]hostname[:port][/root] mount_point -o
mount_options

And with [options] you can do that all in one command, at least it seems so.

http://shfs.sourceforge.net/

Michael

< Previous Next >