Re: [suse-security] strange behaviour useradd / usermod
  • From: Andreas Winkelmann <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:15:48 +0200
mailinglists wrote:

I have two suse 8.2 pro boxes and added approx 30 users to that system. It takes too long to do this with Yast so I did it with useradd which was ok so far. Once I change the users with usermod (especially the password with -p param) this user could not log on to the system anymore. Messages log said "wrong username or password".
Has anybody ever seen this before?

"usermod -p" wants the password encrypted, you did that ?

--
Gruß,
Andreas