Re: [suse-security] SCP-proxy / SFTP-proxy wanted
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:15:07 +0200
* Stefan Seyfried wrote on Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 17:55 +0200:
> and on server.com also allow only one command. This can be
> tricky, if you have varying options but i solved this by using
> a perl wrapper for rsyncing my servers onto the backup machine.

You do "client push" of files for backup (instead server poll),
yes? How do you do that? I found it is not so easy using rsync,
because this likes root permissions on the backup host because
maybe you want perserve UID and such. Having root-rsync access
likes to limit the access to same backup-tree, at least. Does you
perl-wrapper protects against this? I mean, the cilent can rsync
to e.g. /.../backup/client-hostname/ as root, but not below /etc
and such? In that case, would you share your script?

Thank you!

oki,

Steffen