Re: Problems with a Mail Server and SuSEfirewall2
  • From: Stefan Andreas Tichy <listuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:43:00 +0200
Hi

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 09:10:35AM +0200, remote wrote:
> I don?t understand this behaviour, especially since the regular e-mail
> traffic seems to be running without a hitch.

Unless you mark a delivery agent as "expensive", sendmail will
forward the mail immediately. Sometimes this is not possible and the
mail is saved in a queue. Check the SENDMAIL_ARGS parameter in
/etc/sysconfig/sendmail for something like "-q30m".

> I suspect that the firewall somehow blocks another sending of mails if
> the first one failed, but I don?t see why.

No, it is not the firewall.

--
Stefan Tichy <listuser@xxxxxxxxx>