Re: [suse-security] Re: Problems with a Mail Server and SuSEfirewall2
  • From: "remote" <remote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:52:01 +0200
Hi !

> Unless you mark a delivery agent as "expensive", sendmail will
> forward the mail immediately. Sometimes this is not possible and the
> mail is saved in a queue. Check the SENDMAIL_ARGS parameter in
> /etc/sysconfig/sendmail for something like "-q30m".

You were right, "-q30m" ist given as an argument in /etc/sysconfig/sendmail.
So, does this argument reroute outgoing mail if there is a problem with the
ISP`s mail server ? If so, what can I do to flush the resulting queue from
time to time, say once a week ?
Another question : the things mentioned above only apply for outgoing mail,
right ? But I also received mails that were months old when I rebooted my
router recently. Is it for the same reason, or is there something else I
should know/change in sendmail ?

BTW, sorry for any rookie questions but I became admin somewhat out of the
blue and have been learning by trial and error ever since, no background
knowledge.:(

Thanks for the help,

Jörg