Re: [suse-security] Loading firewall script on boot time
  • From: Jan Räther <jan.raether@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:17:19 +0200
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:52:39 +0200
"Knut Erik Hauslo" <KNUTH@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I edited my /etc/init.d/boot.local to change directory - where my FW
> script is - and issued a ./fwscript command:
> #!/bin/tcsh
> cd /fwscript
> ./fwscript
>
> Why is my fwscript not loaded at boot time? When i do these steps
> manually, it will work.
>
> Also, I wanted to add some logging when my script is starting, like:
> echo "doing step X of Y steps" > /fwscript/logfile
>
> Unfortunately, every new echo i issue will overwrite the previous file.
> Is there a way to accomplish this (im sure it is but have not found out
> how)?

for the second problem:

echo "doing step X of Y steps" >> /fwscript/logfile

should do it.

-----
Jan Räther
Universität Hamburg
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie
Service-Gruppe EDV
Falkenried 94
20251 Hamburg
Germany
Tel.: 040 - 428 - 03 - 6619
Fax.: 040 - 428 - 03 - 6621

---
<Myth> I'm getting a connection refused when connecting
to port 25, anyone know where the damn log is?
<aj> Myth: /var/log/damn.log?
* aj wonders what that'd look like
<aj> Dec 18 05:32:30 blae smtpd[123]: DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!