Re: AW: [suse-security] Loading firewall script on boot time
  • From: Maxim Cherniavsky <maxim@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:17:25 +0400
Andy Bennett wrote:

Hi,

Isn't this what the yast runlevel editor does for you??

Linux makes people lazy :)

Linux boot system is like classical System V, which consist of directrories rc1.d, rc2.d ... (run levels)
where you have scripts which begins with "Snn" (statrup script) and "Knn" (kill script)
In case of firewall i think the good way to start it after the network is up
/etc/init.d/rc3.d/S05network start

P.S. I did not mean to offend anybody in any way :)

Andy