iptables with transparent squid
  • From: David Blomber <dblomber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 31 Jul 2003 09:51:26 +0900
I was setting up a transparent squid proxy server on a single NIC
machine. (got it working to) then I went to a multi-homed machine and no
matter how I tweak the firewall rules are killing me and will not allow
the nat redirect to take incoming traffic on port 80 and give it to port
3128

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $INTERFACE -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-port 3128

but even with this rule all normal (browser set up to use proxy works)
but nothing on port 80.

V ^
| |
| |
|(trusted NIC) (ext NIC)|
| Squid |

The iptables rules generated by SuSE 8.2 Pro SuSEFIREWALL2 are quite
extensive. Any help would be appreciated.

  • No further messages