Re: [suse-security] Looking for a tool (Diese Mail wurde auf Viren gepr?ft.)
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 12:28:04 +0200 (CEST)
On May 2, dhoffmann@xxxxxxxxxx <dhoffmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Problem: In our company we have a pool of online resources which are
> protected via basic http-auth, some of them use https.
> Our employees should be able to use these urls without knowing the
> credentials.
How do you know, that it is one of your employies? The only method I can
think about is some IP range, that is allowed.
If you are using apache, put into your .htaccess:
--snip--
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 192.168.0

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Protected area"
AuthUserFile /web/pass/htpasswd

satisfy any
--snip--

hth,
Markus
--
Markus Gaugusch \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign