Re: [suse-security] Info about ports
  • From: Rafael Grimán <rafa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 19:42:30 +0200
Pedro Cáliz wrote:
Hello list,

Somebody knows where can I find a full list of port names? (like /etc/services, but more complete).

Here's a good one :)

http://www.simovits.com/nyheter9902.html

I'm receiving continuous conections attemps to some ports I don't know what use may they have. More over, I'm not listening on this ports, nor they are permited in SuSEfirewall2 (it must be droped by default), but the firewall accepts that conections.

I'm a bit concerned about this. I would like to know what serves this ports before drop it explicitly in the fw config.

Regards,

Pedro

HTH

Rafa

--
rafa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.suse.de/es
rafael.griman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.suse.com

"It's not sufficient to 'use simple words to explain
things'. Things must actually *be* simple, which is
much harder." - Martin Pool