Re: [suse-security] Seccheck script errors - anything I need to worry about?
  • From: Sven 'Darkman' Michels <sven@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 01:34:03 +0200
Luke Loh wrote:
Sven

I've just gone through the home directories - none of them have spaces
in them.

Some of them have a period "." in their name though - would this break
the script?

The only other different thing I do is that I put home directories into
groups, so User A, Group A would have his homedir /home/groupa/usera for
eg.

I also have many users that have no home directories - they are POP3
users so they are /bin/false. Would this also be an issue?

whats the output of:
awk -F: '{ print $1 " " $6 }' /etc/passwd

should be something like:

root /root
bin /bin
daemon /sbin
lp /var/spool/lpd
news /etc/news
uucp /etc/uucp

etc. etc.

Thing is, I've never had the secchk script give this problem before
until last week ... perhaps a new user I created might have broken the
script ... just trying to figure out how ...

maybe, check which new directory's are created...

Regards,
Sven