Re: [suse-security] Source MAC Address DoS
  • From: "jiade" <jiadejiade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:11:42 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "GertJan Spoelman" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <suse-security@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: [suse-security] Source MAC Address DoS

> On Friday 09 May 2003 03:23, jiade wrote:
> >
> > I did replace the NIC, but it was the same, the storm packets' SRC and
DST
> > MAC addresses still differ 1 bit or 2.
>
> So the problem is probably with the software on that PC, if you disconnect
it
> is the problem gone then?
> Does it have multiple NIC's and do you use it as a router?
> Is there any tunneling software running and if so, what happens if you
shut
> that down.
> --

Yes, you are quite right, I do use it as a router with 2 NICs,
and there is another Linux box running tunnneling software,
which has the same problem, but not occurs at the same time.
If I shut either of them down, the storm will disappear in several seconds.
What shall I do to solve this problem with the router
and the tunneling software running?

Jiade