Re: [suse-security] Windows commands for linux internet
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 22:34:11 -0800
On Sunday 11 May 2003 22:10, Chris Bek wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a Linux server which serves as an Internet gateway for a 5 PC =
> (Win9X) network.
> Everything works find so far and SuSEFirewall is also operating nicely.
> The problem is the following:
> The main user of the network wants to have 2 icons on his desktop =
> (Win9X) such that:
> By double clicking the first one, the LinuxBox dials-in the internet and =
> the
> 2nd logs him out.
> Any good ideas about this??

You don't want to give that level of control to one user, just use
dial on demand. and set it to hang up after 3 minutes.

What happens when he clicks the disconnect in the middle
of a big download someone else is doing.

Time to upgrade that distro, as that one is not supported
and has a few security issues.
--
John Andersen