Strange behaviour of SuSE
Hi there!

I have a little problem with our Linux server and I don't know, if it's
perhaps a security problem.

We run a samba server with SuSE 7.3

Last days, it behaves a little bit strange:

At the first time, I wasn't able to login at the console with the root
account. After entering the username root, nothing happens. From remote with
ssh, I could login.

Now, after some days, no root login is possible - even ssh says "access
denied"

When I login as normal user, I see two files in the root directory of the
volume named "devory" and "slamet". I didn't create the files. They have the
same date attribute and nearly the same time attribute.

The server itself seems to work without problems.

Is this a security problem, a hard disk problem or what else?

Regards,

Wolfgang Eul