Re: [suse-security] harden_suse
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:42:17 +0300
* Loof, Torsten; <tl@xxxxxxxxx> on 15 May, 2003 wrote:

Hi List,

Does anybody know what happened to the harden_suse and bastille scripts?
Can't find them for the 8.2 distribution on the ftp-server and mirrows
any more.
For the 8.1 distrubution i could find under /suse/noarch for harden and
/suse/i586 for bastille. But now ?

During the beta phase of 8.2 I had filed a report for the above two
programs. IIRC Roman had a response to the bug saying that harden_suse
has not been maintained for a quite along time and since lots of things
changed since 7.2 (which harden_suse supports officially) and most
probably would be better to drop it from the distro and concenterate
on bastille. I have not installed 8.2 yet so I can not comment further

--

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer