Re: [suse-security] What's keeps changing my inet.d sequence
  • From: Martin Köhling <mk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:34:17 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 22 May 2003, John Andersen wrote:

> I mis-typed. I meant to say that shorewall starts BEFORE vmware even
> though I have this in the Shorewall script:
> #### BEGIN INIT INFO
> # Provides: shorewall
> # Required-Start: $network vmware
> # Required-Stop:
> # Default-Start: 2 3 5
> # Default-Stop: 0 1 6
> ### END INIT INFO

Just a hunch: perhaps you should look for recursive dependencies - what do
$network and vmware depend on?
Of course, insserv *should* complain about those kind of problems - but
AFAIK it doesn't... :-(

(OK, I only had this problem with an older SuSE release (7.2?), and I
didn't check the newer versions, so it *migth* be fixed...)

Martin