Re: [suse-security] .rhost everybody access
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 08:15:49 +0200
* Joao Reis wrote on Thu, May 08, 2003 at 16:06 +0100:
> How do i give permission to rlogin to an account by everybody from any host.
>
> Any suggestion?

As already said, simply don't do that. This is one of the cases
where the question/requirement is wrong.

To give everybody from any host to an account, set the empty
password (maybe you must run passwd as root, since the users may
not be allowed to disable security that much).

Fortunality, I'm unable to test this, since I don't have any
r*ish setups available at all :-)

> "Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
[some other mail]
> I take it Yoda never programmed in Java.

Yes, it seems clear that Yoda programs in C, which is not
surprising for old-school people :-)

oki,

Steffen