Is there any chance for a new version of compartment to come out?
  • From: Ace <aceop@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 13:01:07 +0200
Hi there!

I'd really like to make use of the Linux Capabilities, but unfortunately the tool compartment isn't developed any further ... the documentation of version 1.1 says that some special call would be added when the 2.4 kernel came out... well I think 2.4 is out.

I've also already spammed the author... nothing happened :-(

Isn't there anyone else interested in the capabilities? Don't the capabilities work properly? What is the reason why no new compartment version comes out? Are there any other tools as compartment replacement?

Peter Asemann