Transparent proxy + authentication
  • From: sascha.uhl@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:35:23 +0200 (MEST)
Hi,

I hope anybody could be solving this problem concerning authentication and a
transparent proxy. Perhaps anybody knows an other solution for this
problem!?

I have squid running as transparent proxy, cause I do not want that the user
behind this proxy has to configure anything in his browser. Only
authenticated users should get access to the proxy. The normal authentication works
proberply, but not in the transparent mode. I know there are some restrictions
with transparent proxies and authentication, but I do not really understand
why.

Is there any solution for that problem? Perhaps I am going the wrong way?

thanks for your help!

Regards
Sascha

--