Re: [suse-security] Outlook Web Access and Opening port 443
  • From: Harald Wallus <wallus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:55:39 +0200
Dears,

you know that Bill Gates workers don't understand nothing about networking!
The things which are working are stolen or buyed!!
The ExchangeServer 2000 is a sample of scripts in different script languages
and also some compiled programs.
In all of these part, the port, the IP and the protocoll are HARDCODED. So
your Exchange Server has a internal IP-Address like 192.168.0.20, your access
from public network will be redirected to that private network. And thus,
clearly, will not be work.
So you have to put your Exchange Server into the internet without firewall (or
you have the possibility to subnet a public network, so you can port
firewalling. But I will use Microsofts IIS only with an application layer
firewall like the accelrator mode of squid). And die!
I have tried to correct the scripts, and realy somethings will be work.
But you need Billys help for recompile the programms.
I use horde/imp as frontend and Exchangeserve as imap-Server. OK, you got no
calendar and so on, only the email.
Else do a VPN into your office.

Greetings
Harald