suse 8, susefirewall2 and iptables --ttlset=XX
Hi all,

i am wondering why --ttlset=xx doesnt work with my suse8 with susefirewall2...

i constantly get:
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

actually, i am trying to set the ttl of all outgoing packets on my dsl (ppp0) interface to the same amount
see here:
http://iptables-tutorial.haringstad.com/iptables-tutorial.html#AEN2861

TTL target
The TTL target is used to modify the Time To Live field in the IP header. One useful application of this is to change all Time To Live values to the same value on all outgoing packets. One reason for doing this is if you have a bully ISP which don't allow you to have more than one machine connected to the same internet connection, and who actively pursue this. Setting all TTL values to the same value, will effectively make it a little bit harder for them to notify that you are doing this.

whats the best way to do this correctly?

thanks,
Andy

  • No further messages